Jason Vorhees Vs Chucky
“Child's Play” the movie revolves around the character Chucky is a horror franchise that has eight films in their kitty and was created by Don Mancini. First Child's Play in 1988 was directed and co-written by Tom Holland. The films mainly focus on Chucky (voiced by Brad Dourif), the movie is about a doll that transfers his soul into a “Good guy” doll by performing voodoo ritual, and this soul is of a notorious serial killer. The first-ever film from the franchise of Child's Play was in 1988. All the 4 movies from the horror franchise were box office successes with a total estimated earning over $182 million worldwide.
The Movie stars Catherine Hicks who plays a widowed mother who gives her son a doll for his birthday, unaware that the doll is possessed by the soul of a serial killer.
Child's Play 1988 - Cast
- Catherine Hicks - Karen Barclay
- Chris Sarandon - Mike Norris
- Alex Vincent - Andy Barclay
- Brad Dourif - Charles Lee Ray / Chucky (voice)
- Dinah Manoff - Maggie Peterson
- Tommy Swerdlow - Jack Santos
- Jack Colvin - Dr. Ardmore
- Neil Giuntoli - Eddie Caputo
- Juan Ramírez - Peddler
- Alan Wilder - Mr. Criswell
Child's Play - 2019
Child's Play was also released in the year 2019, this version of the horror franchise was written by Tyler Burton Smith and directed by Lars Klevberg. A remake of the 1988 film of the same name and a reboot of the Child's Play franchise, it follows a family terrorized by a high-tech doll who becomes self-aware and subsequently murderous. The film stars Aubrey Plaza, Gabriel Bateman, Brian Tyree Henry, and Mark Hamill as the voice of Chucky. It is an international co-production of the United States and Canada
Child's Play was theatrically released in the United States on June 21, 2019, by Orion Pictures through United Artists Releasing. The film received mixed reviews and grossed $45 million worldwide against a $10 million budget.
Child's Play 2019 - Cast
- Tim Matheson ... Henry Kaslan
- Ben Andrusco-Daon ... Ben (Kid #1)
- Zahra Anderson ... Mom
- Serge Jaswal ... Dad
- Ariana Nica ... Kid #2
- Phoenix Ly ... Chien
- Johnson Phan ... Supervisor
- Aubrey Plaza ... Karen
- Eddie Flake ... Angry Customer
- Trent Redekop ... Gabe
The film was banned in the United Kingdom until 2002 as it was incorrectly believed that the movie has contributed to the real-life murder of James "Jamie" Bulger. In the year 1991, Jamie was abducted by two young 11-year-old boys, who took him to a railway line, tortured, and then killed him.
Friday the 13th
Jason Voorhees is the protagonist from the movie Friday the 13th series, the character was played by Ari Lehman as a young son of a camp cook who turned killer namely Mrs. Voorhees, the very first movie of the franchise was released in 1980.
The character was also represented in another film with iconic horror film character, Freddy Krueger and also represented in various other media too, which includes comic books novels, video games. Though the actor Ari Lehman was applauded by many and the stuntman Kane Hodder also got the special mention who portrayed Jason Vorhees in four consecutive films.
Jason Vorhees's appearance has gone through many transformations, with different makeup effects artists and finally making their mark on the character's design. The trademark hockey goalie mask first appeared in the “Friday the 13th Part III” and filmmakers gave Jason superhuman strength, regenerative powers in the later movie “Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives”
Here is the list of all the movies of the franchise.
- Friday the 13th on May 9, 1980
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Friday the 13th Part III (1982) - The trademark hockey goalie mask became phenomena
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
- Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
- Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
- Jason X (2002) marked Kane Hodder's last performance as Jason
- Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- Friday the 13th reboot(2009)
Jason first appeared outside of film in 1982 novelization of Friday the 13th Part 3 by Michael Avallone
Fews Interesting Facts.
- Jason's real face... It was played Ari Lehman in the movie as the young son of camp cook-turned-killer. Jason Voorhees is the main character and the entire story revolves around him in the movie “Friday the 13th series”. He first appeared in Friday the 13th (1980)
- Jason Voorhees can’t die until the maker finds a way out to kill him off but he can be stopped temporarily.
- Though Jason Voorhees doesn’t talk much but one can listen him saying in the movie “Friday the 13th” “ki ki ki, ma ma ma" is meant to have resemblance with Jason's voice saying "kill kill kill, mom mom mom" in Mrs. Voorhees' mind. It's actually a manipulation of his mother saying "Kill her, Mommy!" from elsewhere in the film.
The character of Jason Voorhees was played by different actors, here is the list.
- Ari Lehman (child)
- Warrington Gillette
- Steve Daskewisz
- Richard Brooker
- Ted White
- Tom Morga
- C. J. Graham
- Kane Hodder
- Ken Kirzinger
- Derek Mears
“Jason Voorhees” the main protagonist fo the movie “Friday the 13th” was portrayed by Derek Mears in the movie which was released1980, who appeared to be the big scary looking guy was supposedly 6 foot 5 inches (1.96 m) tall.